Summary Of The Day
Today was the second day that the team was participating in Minnesota’s regional FRC event, Northern Lights. Today we played in six of our nine matches.
- In the first match we played we were still working out some of our kinks. Unfortunately our team lost the match because we had some minor issues with our climber and turret. Once our stress dissipated the pit crew rushed back to the pits and they got to work.
- In the second match we were able to have our robot in a working condition. Although our robot was working. We were able to win thanks to our alliance members being flexible with our drive team. We were able to move our robot around and our drive team did get a lot of experience during that match.
- In the third match of the day it was starting to get a little intense. So many teams were starting to get a hang of Rapid React so we started to develop a more complex strategy. We did end up losing that game by a single point. Our robot did have a few issues with the limelight so our shooting wasn’t the most accurate shots. To top all of our problems off we were hit very hard by an opponent. This ended up leading to our entire turret hanging off of the robot. We eventually were able to fix the turret as we found out that a bolt came loose on the gear.
- In the fourth match things started looking up. Our team was finally able to fix most of the problems with the robot and the turret was working. Our alliance ended up winning that match by twenty-two points.
- In the fifth round we had our best round yet. The drive team was doing their best and the robot had no problems until the very end. We ended up winning the round with our alliance members but our joystick calibration stopped working.
- In our final round of the day we ended strong by getting ranked. We played very well and our alliance managed to beat our opponents by thirty-four points.
If you want to watch the fully recorded matches head on over to TheBlueAlliance. We played in matches 4, 16, 23, 34, 43, & 52. Tomorrow we have another three scheduled matches you will be able to view them on Twitch.
The combined score from all the matches ended us at fourteenth place. Currently we are in eighteenth place. Ending on the great rank we all gather at the hotel to scout out the rest of the day. Unfortunately we will not be able to share our findings but we have a good plan for tomorrow. Currently the robot is working very well, it’s getting mid-climb almost every time we try. We are also getting really good scores on both the autonomous phase and the Tele-op phase.
The entire team has worked very hard for this event. It’s fun for everyone involved so no matter what happens we will do our best tomorrow.
Tomorrow will be the earliest day yet. As most of the team know the drive and pit crews will be leaving for the pits at 7:30am as the pits open at 8:00am. The rest of the team must leave the hotel by 8:00am as we want everyone to witness the open ceremonies. Be sure to be fully packed up because we will be loading luggage in the morning. Breakfast is at the usual time but do plan for it to be as busy as yesterday.
Finally During the awards ceremony everyone must applaud the other teams. We are all a part of First, so no matter what happens let’s do what Woody Flowers would do. Let’s all be the most gracious and professional team there remember that we are representing all of Talon.
Stay Connected With Us During The Season!
If you want to stay connected with the team during the entire season feel free to check out our social media. Currently we are posting on our Twitter and Instagram for the event.